Schott Zwiesel Tritan Stemware Review
Schott Zwiesel Stemware – Amazon.com-$84.00Click here to Read More
Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Stemware
Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Pure Stemware Collection Cabernet Red Wine Glass, 18.2-Ounce, Set of 6
Our Take: Makes a perfect gift for the serious Winos and the brand has a rich history with a story to tell.
Schott Zwiesel, the famed German producer of The Best Crystal Glassware has been a leader in innovation, style and technology for more than 100 years. The company has many firsts to its credit, including the first fully automated product of glass blown glass stemware. In the 1990’s, as the glass industry struggled with the environmental issues of lead and other heavy metals in crystal, the company was the first glassmaker to produce lead-free crystal glass of superb quality and brilliance. Schott Zwiesel created Tritan Crystal in 2001 by adding titanium oxide and zirconium oxide to develop The World’s Best Crystal Glass. Tritan Crystal is 100-percent dishwasher safe-it will not etch, cloud or discolor for the life of the glass. Tritan resists the damages of daily use-breakage, chipping and scratching. Tritan is thermal shock resistant. Tritan is one of the most clear and brilliant crystal, capable of conducting, refracting and transferring light more than any other crystal. Tritan tempers the rim, the bowl and stem joint and the foot edge for added strength against chipping and breakage. All crystal items manufactured by Schott Zwiesel are cut with our patented laser technology for a smooth thin, elegant edge. All stemware products are seamless after manufacturing; no unsightly seams remain between the bowl and stem, on the stem , or under the foot of the glass. Each detail of size, weight and balance is carefully studied by experts in the culinary field and our manufacturing engineers and executes to produce a glass for the maximum pleasure with focus on delivering the wine or spirit to its maximum potential. Pure is the collection when seeking fashion and dramatic styling. Its crisp lines create a geometric modern look. Pure is a full line with every proper stem for your favorite drink. This set of 6 Tritan crystal cabernet styled stemware pieces is best utilized with full bodied white and young full red wines. Dishwasher safe.
Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Pure Stemware Collection Details
- 6 Each Pure collection stemware; for use with full bodied white and young full red wines; 18.2-ounce capacity; 9.6-inch tall, 3.6-inch wide
- Tritan crystal glass: non-lead material of titanium and zirconium oxide; resists breakage, chipping, scratching; thermal shock resistant; patented
- Pure collection: high fashion and designed with sharp, crisp lines for a geometric look; moderate stem height and exellent balance
- Completely dishwasher safe; do not force bowl tightly over dishwasher rack prongs; do not twist stem and bowl while holding one or the other tightly
- Made in Germany; suggested wine varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Bourdeaux, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfindel, Malbec, Barolo, Chardonnay, Viognier
Above is a quick guide of the style of glasses and the wines which they are best for. You can find each type available on Amazon through our links.
Schott Zwiesel Tritan Top Reviews
- “These are the PRETTIEST wine glasses ever! They are so modern and elegant. And I’ve seen them at nice restaurants before (same shape anyway).I got a box of the burgundy glasses and a box of the reisling glasses. The reisling ones are pretty small, smaller than I would normally think a white wine glass should be. They are almost just really big champagne flutes. The burgundy glasses on the other hand are HUGE. But they are SO pretty. Both are but I especially like the burgundy (but I primarily drink red wine so that’s probably why). I wish the reisling glasses were just a little bit bigger, but other than that I love these. Very thin edge to the glass, these are made from break resistant DISHWASHER SAFE German crystal. I love that they are dishwasher safe (although they are pretty tall so I have to lay them down in my dishwasher).
If you have a space issue or drink more white than red, this may not be the glass for you. The burgundy glasses are very wide and I can only store them two deep in my cabinets. The reisling I can do 3 deep.
I’m very happy with my purchase 🙂 I’m giving it four stars only because of the slightly-too-small-for-my-taste reisling glass. Otherwise it would be FIVE.”
- “Glasses look great, are easy to clean, and work really well with both whites and bold reds. Unfortunately, one broke in a freak accident (which is isn’t supposed to do). Company immediately sent a replacement set of six, even though only one broke. That is world class customer service by any standard. Happy to recommend this product and the company behind it.”
- “Just wonderful glasses! When I first saw them for the first time in a store, I loved them right away, but I was skeptical if I would ever buy them because they are so thin. The sales person took a glass and clinked it against the edge of a solid oak counter, and explained that the Tritan Crystal indeed makes these glasses durable. I was impressed and put them on my holiday wish list, and I could not be happier. They look beautiful, and they are indeed sturdy. I love to demonstrate this to our guests who are likewise impressed. Great glasses well worth every penny.”
Thank you for reading this Schott Zwiesel Tritan Stemware Review from Essential Wine Decor and More. We love sharing great products that we know you’ll love. Share our website with friends and family on Facebook or Instagram and hopefully they get you some of our wonderful gifts ideas! Find more great wine accessory ideas in our Wine Section!